Thursday, October 28, 2010

Doctor Update

We are back from the doctors. We do not have answers but we do have a plan. I have to wait until the beginning of next month and then we will begin testing. There are three main tests, on CD3 we will be drawing blood for several blood tests and doing an ultrasound. I also need a glucose test and that might happen on CD3 but since I have to fast for 12 hours and have my blood drawn 3 times in 2 hours that might be a little much for one day. Then between CD 5- CD10 I will need to have an HSG. Basically they insert dye into my uterus and take pictures. This allows them to see the condition of my uterus and if my tubes or blocked or if there is any scar tissue from my appendectomy. So that's the plan. I feel good about everything, really liked the doctor and feel like we made the right choice. She validated my concerns so at least I know I'm not crazy. The only thing she said is that if I go through menopause when my mom did then I might really only have 2-4 more years of fertility (yes, I cried when she said that). Scary, right? Glad I followed my gut and got help when I did because at 28 or 30 it would have been too late. So that's that.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you are trying to have a baby! I knew you guys wouldn't wait too long. :) I'm sure it is very very frustrating that is is taking so long and you have all these unanswered questions. I hope it won't be too long before you can look back on this time and know that you were doing just what you needed to do to get to the point where you have your baby. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete