Tuesday, April 21, 2009

House Hunting

Mike and I began the long process of house hunting this past weekend. We did our own house search on the internet, mapped out the open houses and picked 7 open houses to attend. We were searching for a realtor as much as a house. House wise, we didn't find too much that we liked. We figured out some things that are important to us though like a large master bedroom (so our new bedroom set will actually fit), a backyard, and I really want a formal dining room so I can entertain. We are looking in the Franklin area since they have the best schools. That's years down the road but hopefully we will be in this house for years. 

We did find a realtor we really like. We are meeting with her tonight. We also met some realtors that were not so great. One guy, who was no joke 7 feet tall, shook Mike's hand first on the way in and the way out even though I was closer. It was just so clearly a "man is more important" move. 

It's very exciting. It's very scary too, though. It's crazy to be this grown-up, I'm not sure when that happened. I'm excited but I know it takes some people a really long time to find a house... 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the house hunt! How exciting. :) BTW I tired making a comment to your last post but the computer wouldn't let me! The girls loved the dogs outfits! They were amazed that you could dress up a dog like that. Hope tonight goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete