Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Easter was interesting. It's so much more complicated to celebrate holidays with both families. It's so busy and his family frustrates me and I'm sure my family frustrates him... Oh well.

This weekend my mom had a bad headache. It's been awhile since I've seen her that bad, with the confusion and stuttering. It was very hard and I think that was the first time Mike had seen her like that. Thats what so much of high school was like, it was very hard to be back at that place. By the end of the night I had the worst migraine I'd had in a long time. I don't know if whatever triggered hers, also triggered mine or if it was more of a sympathetic headache and was caused by the emotions of seeing her that way. 

I don't know. It's tough. 

I'm also incredibly homesick except the home I'm missing isn't around anymore. I'm missing old friends and remembering good times. High school friends and hanging out, pranks and concerts, going for drives, and hanging out. I miss them so much but we aren't the same people anymore so where does that leave this idea of home? I miss college and the good times I had there, thursdays at murphys, hanging on the quad but those friends have graduated too. That time has passed. I am not sure what to do about all this...

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sending me this link, and i'm so sorry to read about your mom. i can't begin to imagine what that's like, but i'm sure its much more emotionally painful than the headaches are physically painful.

    yeah, times will never be the same, and i think everyone has trouble with that one. but hopefully you and mike will be able to build a new home, and you can have that feeling again. i wish you guys all the best.

    -phil

    ReplyDelete