Friday, September 25, 2009

My sister said I should write in here more often...

It's been while since I've posted anything. Life's been busy but let me see if I can bring you up to speed...

Last time I wrote I was feeling very lost. I can't say I feel a whole lot better but I did quit my job and I begin a new job next week. What finally brought me to my breaking point? First, a teacher at work saw a parent at a bar without his wedding band talking to other women. She told a few of the other teachers at work, one of which felt because she was "friends" with the mother/wife that it was her moral duty to tell her. She asked the director of the center for permission to tell the wife. The director said it was fine. I felt that was a huge conflict of interest and moral issue. The teacher didn't see anything more than talking and this could potentially cause tons of problems or even destroy a marriage. Apparently the wife was already suspicious but I still don't agree with it. The director shouldn't have said it was ok and it should not have happened at work and while the teacher was on the clock. Just my opinion. The second issue was over the treatment of a child. The child was put down on the floor very hard and the teacher was acting out of anger. I felt the teacher should be written up or at the very least talked to but nothing happened. I was very upset that my concern was going unheard. So that was that, I started aggressively looking for another job, talked it over with Mike and gave my 2 weeks notice. There is a lack of respect and appreciation towards the teachers, the center has become money focused and not child focused.

My new job is at a brand new center that is only 15 minutes from my house. I will be a lead teacher in my own classroom! While I still don't know if working at a daycare is the right choice for me, this is a step up and should resolve a lot of the negative issues I was having.

We are settled into out new home. The cabinet doors are hung in the kitchen and we are hoping to get the hardware on this weekend. We are now getting ready for our Housewarming Party in a few weeks. I'm excited because a lot of people haven't seen our house yet and those that have saw it after we moved and hadn't settled yet so it's a lot different now that there are pictures on the walls and our touches throughout the house.

Mike and I did book a honeymoon for our anniversary. We went to Lake Geneva for our honeymoon last year. We were there for a long weekend but it was November and a lot was closed since it was off season. It was so cold and while we did enjoy ourselves it wasn't the honeymoon of our dreams. We will be going to St. Lucia this November and staying at a Sandals resort. I'm super excited to lay on the beach, swim, read, relax and enjoy some romantic time with Mike.

I think that's all for now. I'll try to write more often Missy!

No comments:

Post a Comment